Friday, April 20, 2012

A Once-In-A-Lifetime Opportunity!

If you have been following my blog all along, you would have a pretty good idea of who my friend Willy is. You may know that he has had a life that not many of us can relate to. It has been his dream to visit the United States. He has heard so much about our homes, our friends, and our families. We made him a promise that we will try our hardest to keep. We are going to help him come to America.

You have an opportunity to help us help him get here! If you make a donation using the side bar Donate button, 100% of your donation will go towards the purchase of Willy's plane ticket. I will keep everyone up to date on the progress of the visa process and the amount of money we have raised! So far I have $65 from selling some crafts.

Thank you all for following along during my stay in Rwanda. I am home now, and I am very busy with some school work and other things I have to catch up on. That being said, I am presenting some stories from my trip on Tuesday, April 24th at 4:00 at Johnson State College. There will also be a silent auction of fabrics, arts, and crafts before the presentation. All money raised will go towards Willy's plane ticket. The event is free and open to the public if you would like to come. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment